SS SB 58, 2015 (Repealed Section - as Truly Agreed)
[37.250. 1. The general assembly declares
it is the public policy of this state to determine the most
cost-effective systems to provide ubiquitous coverage of
the state transparent communications between all members
of all using agencies, and the necessary E911 capability
to provide assured emergency response, and to reduce the
response time for emergency or disastrous situations.
2. There is hereby created a committee on state-operated wireless communication systems to be composed of:
(1) The commissioner of administration or a designee;
(2) The director of the department of public safety or a designee;
(3) The director of the department of conservation or a designee; and
(4) The chief engineer of the department of transportation or a designee.
3. The committee shall examine existing programs and proposals for development or expansion to identify duplication in resource allocation of wireless communication systems. The committee shall submit a report to the general assembly by August 30, 1998, in which it identifies opportunities for cost savings, increased efficiency and improved services for Missouri's citizens. The committee shall review the state's purchasing law and may recommend such changes to chapter 34 as it deems appropriate to maintain and enhance the state's wireless communication system. The committee may make such other recommendations as it deems appropriate and shall identify the costs associated with each such recommendation.]