HB 515, 2015 (Amended Section - as Truly Agreed)
86.213. 1. The general administration and the responsibility
for the proper operation of the retirement system and for making
effective the provisions of sections 86.200 to 86.366 are hereby
vested in a board of trustees of nine persons. The board shall
be constituted as follows:
(1) The comptroller of the city, ex officio. If the comptroller is absent from any meeting of the board of trustees for any cause whatsoever, the comptroller may be represented by either the deputy comptroller or the first assistant comptroller who in such case shall have full power to act as a member of the said board of trustees;
(2) Two members to be appointed by the mayor of the city to serve for a term of two years, except the mayor shall not appoint the police chief of the municipal police force[,] or the city's director of public safety[, or the president of the board of police commissioners of the city];
(3) Three members to be elected by the members of the retirement system of the city for a term of three years; provided, however, that the term of office of the first three members so elected shall begin immediately upon their election and one such member's term shall expire one year from the date the retirement system becomes operative, another such member's term shall expire two years from the date the retirement system becomes operative and the other such member's term shall expire three years from the date the retirement system becomes operative; provided, further, that such members shall be members of the system and hold office only while members of the system;
(4) Three members who shall be retired members of the retirement system to be elected by the retired members of the retirement system for a term of three years; except that, the term of office of the first two members so elected shall begin immediately upon their election and one such member's term shall expire two years from the date of election and the other such member's term shall expire three years from the date of election.
2. Any member elected chairman of the board of trustees may serve without term limitations.
3. Each commissioned elected trustee shall be granted travel time by the St. Louis metropolitan police department to attend any and all functions that have been authorized by the board of trustees of the police retirement system of St. Louis. Travel time, with compensation, for a trustee shall not exceed thirty days in any board fiscal year.