SB 334, 2015 (Amended Section - Proposed Language)
174.332. 1. Notwithstanding the provisions of section 174.050 to the contrary, the board of regents of Northwest Missouri State University shall be composed of nine members, eight of whom shall be voting members and one who shall be a nonvoting member. Not more than four voting members shall belong to any one political party. Not more than two voting members shall be residents of the same county. The appointed members of the board serving on August 28, 2008, shall continue to serve until the expiration of the terms for which the appointed members were appointed and until such time a successor is duly appointed.
2. The board of regents shall be appointed as follows:
(1) Six voting members shall be residents of the university's historic statutory service region, provided at least one member shall be a resident of Nodaway County. For the sole purpose of determining the composition of the board of regents, the university's historic statutory service region shall consist of the counties of Atchison, Andrew, Caldwell, Carroll, Clay, Clinton, Daviess, DeKalb, Gentry, Grundy, Harrison, Holt, Livingston, Mercer, Nodaway, Ray, and Worth;
(2) Two voting members shall be residents of a county in the state that is outside the university's historic statutory service region, as described in subdivision (1) of this subsection, provided these two members shall not be appointed from the same congressional district; and
(3) One nonvoting member shall be a full-time student of the university, a United States citizen, and a resident of Missouri.
3. A majority of the voting members of the board shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business; however, no appropriation of money nor any contract that shall require any appropriation or disbursement of money shall be made, nor teacher employed or dismissed, unless a majority of the voting members of the board vote for the same.
4. Except as specifically provided in this section, the appointments and terms of office for the voting and nonvoting members of the board, and all other duties and responsibilities of the board, shall comply with the provisions of state law regarding boards of regents.