SCS HB 1149, 2015 (Amended Section - Proposed Language)
219.011. 1. As used in this chapter, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the following terms mean:
(1) "Aftercare supervision", treatment and control of children in the community under the jurisdiction of the division;
(2) "Board", the state advisory board of youth services;
(3) "Child", a person under eighteen years of age;
(4) "Commit", to transfer legal and physical custody;
(5) "Community based treatment", a treatment program which is locally or regionally based;
(6) "Department", the department of social services;
(7) "Director", the director of the division of youth services;
(8) "Division", the division of youth services (DYS);
(9) "Youth", a person under twenty-one years of age committed to the custody of the division of youth services.
2. When consistent with the intent of this chapter, the singular includes the plural, the plural the singular and the masculine the feminine.