SB 500, 2015 (Amended Section - Proposed Language)
261.241. 1. Sellers of honey whose annual sales of honey are fifty thousand dollars or less per domicile shall not be required to construct or maintain separate facilities for the bottling of honey. Such sellers shall be exempt from all remaining health standards and regulations for the bottling of honey pursuant to sections 196.190 to 196.271 if they meet the following requirements:
(1) Honey shall be bottled in the domicile of the person harvesting and selling the honey ;
(2) Honey shall be labeled with the following information in legible English as set forth in subsection 2 of this section;
(3) Annual gross sales shall not exceed fifty thousand dollars. The person harvesting such honey shall maintain a record of sales of honey bottled and sold. The record shall be available to the regulatory authority when requested.
2. The honey shall be labeled with the following information:
(1) Name and address of the persons preparing the food;
(2) Common name of the food; and (3) The name of all ingredients in the food.
3. Sellers of honey who violate the provisions of this section may be enjoined from selling honey by the department of health and senior services.