HB 179, 2015 (Amended Section - Proposed Language)
302.188. 1. A person may apply to the department of revenue to obtain a veteran designation on a driver's license or identification card issued under this chapter by providing:
(1) A United States Department of Defense discharge document, otherwise known as a DD Form 214, that shows a discharge status of "honorable" or "general under honorable conditions" that establishes the person's service in the Armed Forces of the United States; or (2) A United States Uniformed Services Identification Card, otherwise known as a DD Form 2, that includes a discharge status of "retired" or "reserve retired" establishing the person's service in the Armed Forces of the United States; and
(3) Payment of the fee for the driver's license or identification card authorized under this chapter.
2. If the person is seeking a duplicate driver's license with the veteran designation and his or her driver's license has not expired, the fee shall be as provided under section 302.185.
3. The department of revenue may determine the appropriate placement of the veteran designation on the driver's licenses and identification cards authorized under this section and may promulgate the necessary rules for administration of this section.
4. Any rule or portion of a rule, as that term is defined in section 536.010, that is created under the authority delegated in this section shall become effective only if it complies with and is subject to all of the provisions of chapter 536 and, if applicable, section 536.028. This section and chapter 536 are nonseverable and if any of the powers vested with the general assembly pursuant to chapter 536 to review, to delay the effective date, or to disapprove and annul a rule are subsequently held unconstitutional, then the grant of rulemaking authority and any rule proposed or adopted after August 28, 2012, shall be invalid and void.