SCS SB 107, 2015 (Amended Section - Proposed Language)
345.051. 1. Every person licensed or registered pursuant to the provisions of sections 345.010 to 345.080 shall renew the license or registration on or before the renewal date. Such renewal date shall be determined by the board. The application shall be made on a form furnished by the board. The application shall include, but not be limited to, disclosure of the applicant's full name and the applicant's office and residence addresses and the date and number of the applicant's license or registration, all final disciplinary actions taken against the applicant by any speech-language-hearing association or society, state, territory or federal agency or country and information concerning the applicant's current physical and mental fitness to practice .
2. A blank form for application for license or registration renewal shall be mailed to each person licensed or registered in this state at the person's last known office or residence address. The failure to mail the form of application or the failure to receive it does not, however, relieve any person of the duty to renew the license or registration and pay the fee required by sections 345.010 to 345.080 for failure to renew the license or registration.
3. An applicant for renewal of a license or registration under this section shall:
(1) Submit an amount established by the board; and
(2) Meet any other requirements the board establishes as conditions for license or registration renewal, including the demonstration of continued competence to practice the profession for which the license or registration is issued. A requirement of continued competence may include, but is not limited to, continuing education, examination, self-evaluation, peer review, performance appraisal or practical simulation.
4. If a license or registration is suspended pursuant to section 345.065, the license or registration expires on the expiration date as established by the board for all licenses and registrations issued pursuant to sections 345.010 to 345.080. Such license or registration may be renewed but does not entitle the licensee to engage in the licensed or registered activity or in any other conduct or activity which violates the order of judgment by which the license or registration was suspended until such license or registration has been reinstated.
5. If a license or registration is revoked on disciplinary grounds pursuant to section 345.065, the license or registration expires on the expiration date as established by the board for all licenses and registrations issued pursuant to sections 345.010 to 345.080. Such license or registration may not be renewed. If a license or registration is reinstated after its expiration, the licensee, as a condition of reinstatement, shall pay a reinstatement fee that is equal to the renewal fee in effect on the last regular renewal date immediately preceding the date of reinstatement plus any late fee established by the board.