HCS SB 164, 2015 (Amended Section - as Truly Agreed)
375.534. 1. In addition to other foreign investments
permitted by Missouri law for the type or kind of insurance company
involved, the capital, reserves and surplus of all insurance
companies of whatever kind and character organized under the
laws of this state, having admitted assets of not less than one
hundred million dollars, may be invested in securities, investments
and deposits issued, guaranteed or assumed by a foreign government
or foreign corporation, or located in a foreign country, whether
denominated in United States dollars or in foreign currency,
subject to the following conditions:
(1) Such securities, investments and deposits shall be of substantially the same kind, class and quality of like United States investments eligible for investment by an insurance company under Missouri law;
(2) An insurance company shall not invest or deposit in the aggregate more than [five] twenty percent of its admitted assets under this section, except that an insurance company may reinvest or redeposit any income or profits generated by investments permitted under this section; [and]
(3) The aggregate amount of foreign investments then held by the insurer under this subsection in a single foreign jurisdiction shall not exceed ten percent of its admitted assets as to a foreign jurisdiction that has a sovereign debt rating of SVO "1" or five percent of its admitted assets as to any other foreign jurisdiction; and
(4) Such securities, investments and deposits shall be aggregated with United States investments of the same class in determining compliance with percentage limitations imposed under Missouri law for investments in that class for the type or kind of insurance company involved.
2. This section shall not apply to an insurer organized under chapter 376.