SS SB 58, 2015 (Amended Section - Proposed Language)
630.010. 1. The state mental health commission, established by the omnibus reorganization act of 1974, section 9, appendix B, RSMo, shall be composed of seven members appointed by the governor, by and with the advice and consent of the senate. The terms of members appointed under the reorganization act before August 13, 1980, shall continue until the terms under which the members were regularly appointed expire. The terms shall be for four years. Each commissioner shall hold office until his successor has been appointed and qualified.
2. The commission shall be comprised of members who are not prohibited from serving by sections 105.450 to 105.482, as amended, and who are not otherwise employed by the state. The commission shall be composed of the following:
(1) A physician recognized as an expert in the treatment of mental illness;
(2) A physician, licensed clinical psychologist, or other licensed clinician, recognized as an expert in the evaluation or treatment of persons with an intellectual disability or developmental disability;
(3) A representative of groups who are consumers or families of consumers interested in the services provided by the department in the treatment of mental illness;
(4) A representative of groups who are consumers or families of consumers interested in the services provided by the department in the habilitation of persons with an intellectual disability or developmental disability;
(5) A person recognized for his expertise in general business matters and procedures;
(6) A person recognized for his interest and expertise in dealing with alcohol or drug abuse; and
(7) A person recognized for his interest or expertise in community mental health services.
3. Vacancies occurring on the commission shall be filled by appointment by the governor, by and with the advice and consent of the senate, for the unexpired terms. In case of a vacancy when the senate is not in session, the governor shall make a temporary appointment until the next session of the general assembly, when he shall nominate someone to fill the office.
4. The commission shall elect from its members a chairman and a secretary. Meetings shall be held at least once a month, and special meetings may be held at the call of the chairman.
5. The department shall pay the commission members one hundred dollars per day for each day, or portion thereof, they actually spend in transacting the business of the commission and shall reimburse the commission members for necessary expenses actually incurred in the performance of their official duties.