CCS HCS SCS SB 861, 2016 (New Section - Proposed Language)
143.2100. 1. As used in sections 143.2100 to 143.2115, unless the context requires a different meaning, the following terms shall mean:
(1) "Deduction", an amount subtracted from the taxpayer's Missouri adjusted gross income to determine Missouri taxable income for the tax year in which such deduction is claimed;
(2) "Department", the department of economic development;
(3) "Director", the director of the department of economic development;
(4) "Taxpayer", a person, firm, partner in a firm, member of a limited liability company, corporation, or shareholder in an S corporation doing business in the state of Missouri and subject to the state income tax imposed by the provisions of chapter 143, or an insurance company paying an annual tax on its gross premium receipts in this state, or other financial institution paying taxes to the state of Missouri or any political subdivision of this state under the provisions of chapter 148, or an express company which pays an annual tax on its gross receipts in this state under chapter 153.
2. Prior to March 1, 2018, and every two years thereafter, the department, with information provided by the port authorities, airports, and the department of revenue, shall provide a report on the deductions claimed under sections 143.2100 to 143.2115. Such report shall include the following:
(1) The names and locations of participating companies;
(2) The annual amount of benefits provided;
(3) The estimated net state fiscal impact, including both direct and indirect new state taxes derived from the program;
(4) The number of new jobs created;
(5) The average wages of each project; and
(6) The types of qualified companies using the program.
3. The department shall promulgate rules to implement the provisions of sections 143.2100 to 143.2115. Any rule or portion of a rule, as that term is defined in section 536.010 that is created under the authority delegated in this section shall become effective only if it complies with and is subject to all of the provisions of chapter 536, and, if applicable, section 536.028. This section and chapter 536 are nonseverable and if any of the powers vested with the general assembly pursuant to chapter 536, to review, to delay the effective date, or to disapprove and annul a rule are subsequently held unconstitutional, then the grant of rulemaking authority and any rule proposed or adopted after August 28, 2016, shall be invalid and void.