CCS SCS SB 638, 2016 (New Section - as Truly Agreed)
167.903. 1. Each student prior to his or her ninth
grade year at a public school, including a charter school, may
develop with help from the school's guidance counselors a personal
plan of study, which shall be reviewed regularly, as needed by
school personnel and the student's parent or guardian and updated
based upon the needs of the student. Each plan shall present
a sequence of courses and experiences that conclude with the
student reaching his or her postsecondary goals, with implementation
of the plan of study transferring to the program of postsecondary
education or training upon the student's high school graduation.
The plan shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) Requirements for graduation from the school district or charter school;
(2) Career or postsecondary goals;
(3) Coursework or program of study related to career and postsecondary goals, which shall include, if relevant, opportunities that the district or school may not directly offer;
(4) Grade-appropriate and career-related experiences, as outlined in the grade-level expectations of the Missouri comprehensive guidance program; and
(5) Student assessments, interest inventories, or academic results needed to develop, review, and revise the personal plan of study, which shall include, if relevant, assessments, inventories, or academic results that the school district or charter school may not offer.
2. Each school district shall adopt a policy to permit the waiver of the requirements of this section for any student with a disability if recommended by the student's IEP committee. For purposes of this subsection, "IEP" means individualized education program.