SB 579, 2016 (Amended Section - Proposed Language)
208.670. 1. As used in this section, these terms shall have the following meaning:
(1) "Provider", any provider of medical services and mental health services, including all other medical disciplines;
(2) "Telehealth", the same meaning as such term is defined in section 191.1145.
2. Reimbursement for the use of asynchronous store-and-forward technology in the practice of telehealth in the MO HealthNet program shall be allowed for orthopedics, dermatology, ophthalmology and optometry, in cases of diabetic retinopathy, burn and wound care, dental services which require a diagnosis, and maternal-fetal medicine ultrasounds.
3. The department of social services, in consultation with the departments of mental health and health and senior services, shall promulgate rules governing the practice of telehealth in the MO HealthNet program. Such rules shall address, but not be limited to, appropriate standards for the use of telehealth, certification of agencies offering telehealth, and payment for services by providers. Telehealth providers shall be required to obtain participant consent before telehealth services are initiated and to ensure confidentiality of medical information.
4. Telehealth may be utilized to service individuals who are qualified as MO HealthNet participants under Missouri law. Reimbursement for such services shall be made in the same way as reimbursement for in-person contacts.
5. The provisions of section 208.671 shall apply to the use of asynchronous store-and-forward technology in the practice of telehealth in the MO HealthNet program.