SS HB 2355, 2016 (New Section - Proposed Language)
211.355. 1. There is hereby created within the office of state courts administrator the "Missouri State Juvenile Justice Advisory Board", which shall provide consultation and recommendations regarding ongoing best practices within the juvenile court system and juvenile officer standards. The board shall consist of the following members:
(1) A judge of a juvenile or family court as appointed by the supreme court of Missouri;
(2) A juvenile officer as appointed by the Missouri juvenile justice association;
(3) A foster parent appointed by the Missouri state foster care and adoption board;
(4) One attorney representing parents' interests appointed by the Missouri bar association;
(5) One guardian ad litem appointed by the Missouri bar association;
(6) A representative from a child advocacy center to be appointed by the Missouri network of child advocacy centers;
(7) A prosecuting attorney appointed by the Missouri association of prosecuting attorneys;
(8) A law enforcement representative as designated by the Missouri sheriffs' association;
(9) A law enforcement representative as designated by the Missouri police chiefs association; and
(10) The following shall be ex officio voting members:
(a) The director of the children's division or the director's designee;
(b) The director of the division of youth services or the director's designee;
(c) The director of the Missouri juvenile justice association or the director's designee;
(d) The executive director of the Missouri court appointed special advocate association or the director's designee;
(e) The director of the office of child advocate or the director's designee; and
(f) The director of the public defender's office or the director's designee.
2. All appointed members of the board shall serve for a term of four years. Members may be reappointed to the board by their entities for consecutive terms. All vacancies on the board shall be filled for the balance of the unexpired term in the same manner in which the board membership which is vacant was originally filled. Members of the board shall serve without compensation.
3. The board shall elect officers from the membership consisting of a chairperson and secretary.
4. The board shall meet a minimum of four times per calendar year.
5. The board shall provide to the office of state courts administrator, the office of child advocate, and the joint committee on child abuse and neglect a written annual report of recommendations and activities conducted and made.