SS SCS HCS HB 2380, 2016 (Amended Section - Proposed Language)
301.474. 1. Any person who has been awarded the military service award known as the "Korea Defense Service Medal" may apply for special motor vehicle license plates for any motor vehicle such person owns, either solely or jointly, other than an apportioned motor vehicle or a commercial motor vehicle licensed in excess of twenty- four thousand pounds gross weight.
2. Any such person shall make application for the special license plates on a form provided by the director of revenue and furnish such proof as a recipient of the Korea Defense Service Medal as the director may require.
3. Upon presentation of such proof of eligibility, payment of a fifteen dollar fee in addition to the regular registration fees, and presentation of any documents which may be required by law the director of revenue shall issue to the vehicle owner a special personalized license plate which shall bear the words "KOREA DEFENSE SERVICE MEDAL" at the bottom of the plate in a manner prescribed by the director of revenue. Such license plates shall be made with fully reflective material with a common color scheme and design, shall be clearly visible at night, and shall be aesthetically attractive as prescribed by section 301.130.
4. Such plates shall also bear an image of the Korea Defense Service Medal.
5. Notwithstanding the provisions of section 301.144, no additional fee shall be charged for the personalization of license plates issued under this section.
6. There shall be no limit on the number of license plates any person qualified under this section may obtain so long as each set of license plates issued under this section is issued for vehicles owned solely or jointly by such person.
7. License plates issued under the provisions of this section shall not be transferable to any other person except that any registered co-owner of the motor vehicle shall be entitled to operate the motor vehicle with such plates for the duration of the year licensed in the event of the death of the qualified person.
8. The director may consult with any organization which represents the interests of persons receiving the Korea Defense Service Medal when formulating the design for the special license plates described in this section.
9. The director shall make all necessary rules and regulations for the administration of this section and shall design all necessary forms required by this section. Any rule or portion of a rule, as that term is defined in section 536.010, that is created under the authority delegated in this section shall become effective only if it complies with and is subject to all of the provisions of chapter 536 and, if applicable, section 536.028. This section and chapter 536 are nonseverable and if any of the powers vested with the general assembly under chapter 536 to review, to delay the effective date, or to disapprove and annul a rule are subsequently held unconstitutional, then the grant of rulemaking authority and any rule proposed or adopted after August 28, 2015, shall be invalid and void.