SS SCS HB 1816, 2016 (New Section - as Truly Agreed)
334.1200. PURPOSE The purpose of this compact
is to facilitate interstate practice of physical therapy with
the goal of improving public access to physical therapy services.
The practice of physical therapy occurs in the state where
the patient/client is located at the time of the patient/client
encounter. The compact preserves the regulatory authority
of states to protect public health and safety through the current
system of state licensure.
This compact is designed to achieve the following objectives:
1. Increase public access to physical therapy services by providing for the mutual recognition of other member state licenses;
2. Enhance the states' ability to protect the public's health and safety;
3. Encourage the cooperation of member states in regulating multistate physical therapy practice;
4. Support spouses of relocating military members;
5. Enhance the exchange of licensure, investigative, and disciplinary information between member states; and
6. Allow a remote state to hold a provider of services with a compact privilege in that state accountable to that state's practice standards.