SS SCS HB 1816, 2016 (New Section - as Truly Agreed)
335.375. 1. Upon application for a multistate license,
the licensing board in the issuing party state shall ascertain,
through the coordinated licensure information system, whether
the applicant has ever held, or is the holder of, a license
issued by any other state, whether there are any encumbrances
on any license or multistate licensure privilege held by the
applicant, whether any adverse action has been taken against
any license or multistate licensure privilege held by the applicant,
and whether the applicant is currently participating in an alternative
2. A nurse shall hold a multistate license, issued by the home state, in only one party state at a time.
3. If a nurse changes primary state of residence by moving between two party states, the nurse shall apply for licensure in the new home state, and the multistate license issued by the prior home state shall be deactivated in accordance with applicable rules adopted by the commission.
(1) The nurse may apply for licensure in advance of a change in primary state of residence.
(2) A multistate license shall not be issued by the new home state until the nurse provides satisfactory evidence of a change in primary state of residence to the new home state and satisfies all applicable requirements to obtain a multistate license from the new home state.
4. If a nurse changes primary state of residence by moving from a party state to a non- party state, the multistate license issued by the prior home state shall convert to a single-state license, valid only in the former home state.