CCS HCS SB 635, 2016 (New Section - as Truly Agreed)
335.385. 1. All party states shall participate in
a coordinated licensure information system of all licensed registered
nurses, "RNs", and licensed practical or vocational nurses, "LPNs"
or "VNs". This system shall include information on the licensure
and disciplinary history of each nurse, as submitted by party
states, to assist in the coordination of nurse licensure and
2. The commission, in consultation with the administrator of the coordinated licensure information system, shall formulate necessary and proper procedures for the identification, collection, and exchange of information under this compact.
3. All licensing boards shall promptly report to the coordinated licensure information system any adverse action, any current significant investigative information, denials of applications with the reasons for such denials, and nurse participation in alternative programs known to the licensing board regardless of whether such participation is deemed nonpublic or confidential under state law.
4. Current significant investigative information and participation in nonpublic or confidential alternative programs shall be transmitted through the coordinated licensure information system only to party state licensing boards.
5. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, all party state licensing boards contributing information to the coordinated licensure information system may designate information that shall not be shared with non-party states or disclosed to other entities or individuals without the express permission of the contributing state.
6. Any personally identifiable information obtained from the coordinated licensure information system by a party state licensing board shall not be shared with non-party states or disclosed to other entities or individuals except to the extent permitted by the laws of the party state contributing the information.
7. Any information contributed to the coordinated licensure information system that is subsequently required to be expunged by the laws of the party state contributing that information shall also be expunged from the coordinated licensure information system.
8. The compact administrator of each party state shall furnish a uniform data set to the compact administrator of each other party state, which shall include, at a minimum:
(1) Identifying information;
(2) Licensure data;
(3) Information related to alternative program participation; and
(4) Other information that may facilitate the administration of this compact, as determined by commission rules.
9. The compact administrator of a party state shall provide all investigative documents and information requested by another party state.