SB 875, 2016 (Amended Section - Proposed Language)
338.059. 1. It shall be the duty of a licensed pharmacist or a physician to affix or have affixed by someone under the pharmacist's or physician's supervision a label to each and every container provided to a consumer in which is placed any prescription drug or biological product upon which is typed or written the following information:
(1) The date the prescription is filled;
(2) The sequential number or other unique identifier;
(3) The patient's name;
(4) The prescriber's directions for usage;
(5) The prescriber's name;
(6) The name and address of the pharmacy;
(7) The exact name and dosage of the drug dispensed;
(8) There may be one line under the information provided in subdivisions (1) to (7) of this subsection stating "Refill" with a blank line or squares following or the words "No Refill";
(9) When a generic or interchangeable biological substitution is dispensed, the name of the manufacturer or an abbreviation thereof shall appear on the label or in the pharmacist's records as required in section 338.100.
2. The label of any drug or biological product which is sold at wholesale in this state and which requires a prescription to be dispensed at retail shall contain the name of the manufacturer, expiration date, if applicable, batch or lot number and national drug code.