SB 947, 2016 (New Section - as Truly Agreed)
379.1708. 1. Insurers that write automobile insurance
in Missouri may exclude or limit any and all coverage afforded
under an automobile insurance policy, including a motor vehicle
liability policy, issued to an owner or operator of a personal
vehicle for any loss or injury that occurs while:
(1) A driver is logged on to a transportation network company's digital network;
(2) A driver provides a prearranged ride; or
(3) A motor vehicle is being used to transport or carry persons or property for any compensation or suggested donation;
2. The right to exclude all coverage under subsection 1 of this section may apply to any coverage included in an automobile insurance policy including, but not limited to:
(1) Liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage;
(2) Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage;
(3) Medical payments coverage;
(4) Comprehensive physical damage coverage; and
(5) Collision physical damage coverage.
Such exclusions shall apply notwithstanding any financial responsibility requirement or uninsured motorist coverage requirement under the motor vehicle financial responsibility law, chapter 303 or section 379.203, respectively. Nothing in this section implies or requires that a personal automobile insurance policy provide coverage while the driver is logged on to the transportation network company's digital network, while the driver is engaged in a prearranged ride, or while the driver otherwise uses a vehicle to transport passengers or property for compensation.
3. Nothing shall be deemed to preclude an insurer from providing coverage for the transportation network company driver's vehicle, if it chooses to do so by contract or endorsement.
4. Automobile insurers that exclude the coverage described in section 379.1702 shall have no duty to defend or indemnify any claim expressly excluded thereunder. Nothing in this section shall be deemed to invalidate or limit an exclusion contained in a policy, including any policy in use or approved for use in Missouri prior to the enactment of this section that excludes coverage for vehicles used to carry persons or property for a charge or available for hire by the public.
5. An automobile insurer that defends or indemnifies a claim against a driver that is excluded under the terms of its policy shall have a right of contribution against other insurers that provide automobile insurance to the same driver in satisfaction of the coverage requirements of section 379.1702 at the time of loss.
6. In a claims coverage investigation, transportation network companies and any insurer potentially providing coverage under section 379.1702 shall cooperate to facilitate the exchange of relevant information with each other and any insurer of the transportation network company driver if applicable, including the precise times that a transportation network company driver logged on and off of the transportation network company's digital network in the twelve-hour period immediately preceding and in the twelve-hour period immediately following the accident and disclose to one another a clear description of the coverage, exclusions, and limits provided under any automobile insurance maintained under section 379.1702.