SS HCS HB 1765, 2016 (New Section - Proposed Language)
456.985. 1. Except as otherwise provided in the terms of an instrument creating or exercising a power of appointment, sections 456.970 to 456.1135 govern powers of appointment.
2. The terms of an instrument creating or exercising a power of appointment prevail over any provisions of sections 456.970 to 456.1135 except:
(1) The transferability of a power of appointment by a powerholder under subsection 1 of section 456.995;
(2) The limitations on the authority of a donor to extend a general power of appointment beyond the death of a powerholder under subsection 3 of section 456.995;
(3) The power is exclusionary if the permissible appointees of a power of appointment are not defined and limited under subsection 3 of section 456.1005;
(4) The requisites for the exercise of a power of appointment under section 456.1015;
(5) The effect of an impermissible appointment under section 456.1045;
(6) A general power of appointment which is presently exercisable may be reached by the creditors of the powerholder or the powerholder's estate under section 456.1100.