SS HCS HB 1765, 2016 (New Section - Proposed Language)
456.1020. 1. As used in this section:
(1) "Residuary clause" does not include a residuary clause containing a blanket-exercise clause or a specific-exercise clause; and
(2) "Will" includes a codicil and a testamentary instrument that revises another will.
2. A residuary clause in a powerholder's will or a comparable clause in the powerholder's revocable trust, manifests the powerholder's intent to exercise a power of appointment only if:
(1) The power is a general power exercisable in favor of the powerholder's estate;
(2) There is no gift-in-default clause or the clause is ineffective; and
(3) The powerholder did not release the power.