SS HCS HB 1765, 2016 (New Section - as Truly Agreed)
456.1035. 1. A powerholder of a general power
of appointment that permits appointment to the powerholder
or the powerholder's estate may make any appointment, including
an appointment in trust or creating a new power of appointment,
that the powerholder could make in disposing of the powerholder's
2. A powerholder of a general power of appointment that permits appointment only to the creditors of the powerholder or of the powerholder's estate may appoint only to those creditors.
3. The powerholder of a nongeneral power may:
(1) Make an appointment in any form, including an appointment in trust, in favor of a permissible appointee;
(2) Create a general power in a permissible appointee; or
(3) Create a nongeneral power in any person to appoint to one or more of the permissible appointees of the original nongeneral power.