HCS SB 932, 2016 (Amended Section - Proposed Language)
486.285. 1. (1) A manufacturer of a notary public's seal shall register with the secretary of state and communicate to the secretary of state when it has issued a seal to a person in this state. After such communication, the secretary of state shall approve any seal issued by the manufacturer within ten days.
(2) A copy of the notary's commission shall be maintained by such manufacturer.
(3) If a manufacturer violates the provisions of this subsection, the manufacturer shall be subject to a one thousand dollar fine for each violation.
2. Each notary public shall provide, keep, and use a seal which is either an engraved embosser seal or a black inked rubber stamp seal to be used on the document being notarized. The seal shall contain the notary's name exactly as indicated on the commission and the words "Notary Seal", "Notary Public", and "State of Missouri" and, after August 28, 2004, the commission number assigned by the secretary of state, provided that the notary public has been issued a commission number by the secretary of state, all of which shall be in print not smaller than eight-point type.
3. The indentations made by the seal embosser or printed by the black inked rubber stamp seal shall not be applied on the notarial certificate or document to be notarized in a manner that will render illegible or incapable of photographic reproduction any of the printed marks or writing on the certificate or document.
4. Every notary shall keep an official notarial seal that is the exclusive property of the notary and the seal may not be used by any other person or surrendered to an employer upon termination of employment.