SCS HCS HB 1649, 2016 (New Section - Proposed Language)
537.555. 1. A person shall be not be held civilly liable for damages resulting from the forcible entry into a vehicle for the purpose of removing an unsupervised minor if such person:
(1) Determines that the vehicle is locked or there is no other reasonable method for removing the minor from the vehicle;
(2) Has a good faith belief that forcible entry into the vehicle is necessary because the minor is in imminent danger of suffering harm if not immediately removed from the vehicle;
(3) Contacts emergency response personnel including any firefighter, emergency medical technician, law enforcement officer, registered nurse, physician, or first responder prior to forcibly entering the vehicle;
(4) Remains with the minor at a safe location reasonably close to the vehicle until emergency response personnel arrives; and
(5) Uses no more force to enter the vehicle and remove the minor from the vehicle than was necessary under the circumstances.
2. Nothing in this section shall provide immunity from civil liability for actions to aid a minor in addition to what is authorized by this section.