SS#2 SCS HCS HB 2332, 2016 (Amended Section - Proposed Language)
571.063. 1. As used in this section the following terms shall mean:
(1) "Ammunition", any cartridge, shell, or projectile designed for use in a firearm;
(2) "Licensed dealer", a person who is licensed under 18 U.S.C. Section 923 to engage in the business of dealing in firearms;
(3) "Materially false information", any information that portrays an illegal transaction as legal or a legal transaction as illegal;
(4) "Private seller", a person who sells or offers for sale any firearm, as defined in section 571.010, or ammunition.
2. A person commits the crime of fraudulent purchase of a firearm if such person:
(1) Knowingly solicits, persuades, encourages or entices a licensed dealer or private seller of firearms or ammunition to transfer a firearm or ammunition under circumstances which the person knows would violate the laws of this state or the United States; or
(2) Provides to a licensed dealer or private seller of firearms or ammunition what the person knows to be materially false information with intent to deceive the dealer or seller about the legality of a transfer of a firearm or ammunition; or
(3) Willfully procures another to violate the provisions of subdivision (1) or (2) of this subsection.
3. Fraudulent purchase of a firearm is a class E felony.
4. This section shall not apply to criminal investigations conducted by the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, authorized agents of such investigations, or to a peace officer, as defined in section 542.261, acting at the explicit direction of the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.