SCS HB 343, 2015 (New Section - as Truly Agreed)
192.926. 1. By September 1, 2015, the department
of social services in cooperation with the department of health
and senior services and the department of mental health shall
establish a committee to assess the continuation of the money
follows the person demonstration program in order to support
Missourians who have disabilities and those who are aging to
transition from nursing facilities or habilitation centers to
quality community settings. The committee shall study sustainability
of the program beyond the current demonstration timeframe for
all transitions to occur by September 30, 2018. The committee
shall be administered and its members, with the exception of
the members from the house of representatives and the senate,
chosen by the director of the department of social services.
2. The committee shall:
(1) Review the extent to which the demonstration program has achieved its purposes;
(2) Assess any possible improvements to the program;
(3) Investigate program elements and costs to sustain the program beyond its current demonstration period;
(4) Explore cost savings achieved through the demonstration program;
(5) Investigate the possibility and need to apply for a waiver from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
3. The committee shall include fiscal staff from the department of social services, the department of health and senior services, the department of mental health, and the office of administration's division of budget and planning. The committee shall also be comprised of a representative from each of the following:
(1) The division of senior and disability services within the department of health and senior services;
(2) The MO HealthNet division within the department of social services;
(3) The division of developmental disabilities within the department of mental health;
(4) Centers for independent living and area agencies on aging currently serving as money follows the person local contact agencies;
(5) The Missouri assistive technology council;
(6) The Missouri developmental disabilities council;
(7) The skilled nursing community predominately serving MO HealthNet participants;
(8) The Missouri house of representatives, appointed by the speaker of the house of representatives; and
(9) The Missouri senate, appointed by the president pro tempore of the senate.
4. The committee may also include other members or workgroups deemed necessary to accomplish its purposes, including but not limited to representatives from state agencies, local advisory groups and community members, and members of the general assembly with valuable input regarding the activities of the money follows the person demonstration program.
5. The department of social services in cooperation with the department of health and senior services and the department of mental health shall make recommendations based on the findings of the committee and report them to the general assembly and the governor by July 1, 2016.
6. The provisions of this section shall expire on January 1, 2017.