Chapter 175Lincoln University
175.010. The name of the "Lincoln Institute" is hereby changed to the "Lincoln University".
Board of curators--qualifications.
(RSMo 1939 § 10773)
Prior revision: 1929 § 9616
175.020. The board of curators of Lincoln University of Missouri shall hereafter consist of nine members who shall be appointed by the governor, by and with the advice and consent of the senate. No person shall be appointed a curator who shall not be a citizen of the United States and who shall not have been a resident of the state of Missouri two years next prior to his or her appointment. Not more than five curators shall belong to any one political party.
Nonvoting student representative appointed to board ofcurators--term--qualifications--vacancy--limit--actions--removalfrom office.
(RSMo 1939 § 10775, A.L. 1965 p. 306, A.L. 1986 S.B. 707, A.L. 1998 S.B. 884, A.L. 2001 H.B. 218)
Prior revision: 1929 § 9619
Attendance policies for governing boards, duty to develop, 174.105
175.021. 1. The governor shall, by and with the advice and consent of the senate, appoint a student representative to the board of curators of Lincoln University, who shall attend all meetings and participate in all deliberations of the board. Such student representative shall not have the right to vote on any matter before the board.
2. Such student representative shall be a full-time student at the university as defined by the board, selected from a panel of three names submitted to the governor by the student government association of the university, a citizen of the United States, and a resident of the state of Missouri. No person may be appointed who is not actually enrolled during the term of his or her appointment as a student at the university.
3. The term of the student representative shall be two years, except that the person first appointed shall serve until January 1, 1989.
4. If a vacancy occurs for any reason in the position of student representative, the governor shall appoint a replacement who meets the qualifications set forth in subsection 2 of this section and who shall serve until his or her successor is appointed and qualified.
5. If the student representative ceases to be a student at the university, or a resident of the state of Missouri, or fails to attend any regularly called meeting of the board of which the representative has due notice, the position shall at once become vacant, unless the absence is caused by sickness or some accident preventing the representative's arrival at the time and place appointed for the meeting.
6. The student representative shall receive the same reimbursement for expenses as other members of the board of curators receive pursuant to section 175.030.
7. Unless alternative arrangements for payment have been made and agreed to by the student and the university, the student representative shall have paid all student and tuition fees due prior to such appointment and shall pay all future student and tuition fees during the term of office when such fees are due.
Confidentiality of board members, recusal--meetings closed to studentrepresentative, when.
(L. 1986 S.B. 602 § 3, A.L. 2001 H.B. 218)
175.023. 1. For the purposes of this chapter, confidentiality, as determined by the board and as provided by law, shall apply to all members and representatives on the board.
2. Any member or representative on the board may recuse himself or herself from any deliberation or proceeding of the board.
3. Upon a unanimous affirmative vote of the members of the board who are present and who are not student representatives, a given meeting closed pursuant to sections 610.021 and 610.022 shall be closed to the student representative.
Board of curators, term and compensation.
(L. 2001 H.B. 218)
175.030. The term of service of the curators shall be six years, the term of three expiring every two years, the first expiration occurring on the first day of January, 1942, and succeeding expirations of three members every two years thereafter. Said curators while attending the meeting of the board shall receive their actual expenses which shall be paid out of the ordinary revenues of the university.
Board to organize and have same powers as curators of stateUniversity of Missouri.
(RSMo 1939 § 10776)
175.040. It is hereby provided that the board of curators of the Lincoln University shall organize after the manner of the board of curators of the state University of Missouri; and it is further provided, that the powers, authority, responsibilities, privileges, immunities, liabilities and compensation of the board of curators of the Lincoln University shall be the same as those prescribed by statute for the board of curators of the state University of Missouri, except as stated in this chapter.
Board of curators authorized to reorganize university--maypurchase additional land.
(RSMo 1939 § 10778)
Prior revision: 1929 § 9621
Power to sue and be sued, perpetual succession, power to hold real estate, 172.020
175.050. The board of curators of the Lincoln University shall be authorized to afford to its students training up to the standard furnished at the state University of Missouri. To this end the board of curators shall be authorized to purchase necessary additional land, erect necessary additional buildings, to open and establish any new school, department or course of instruction, to provide necessary additional equipment, and to locate the respective units of the university wherever in the state of Missouri in their opinion the various schools will most effectively promote the purposes of this chapter.
Control of agricultural school at Dalton, Missouri, transferredto Lincoln University board of curators.
(RSMo 1939 § 10774, A.L. 1965 p. 306)
Prior revision: 1929 § 9618
175.070. The board of curators for Lincoln University shall take over and conduct the demonstration farm and agricultural school as now established at Dalton, Missouri, and the supervision and control of the school is hereby invested in the board of curators for the Lincoln University.
(RSMo 1939 § 10780, A. 1949 S.B. 1047, A.L. 1965 p. 306)
Prior revision: 1929 § 9623