208.985. 1. Pursuant to section 33.803, by January 1, 2008, and each January first thereafter, the legislative budget office shall annually conduct a rolling five-year MO HealthNet forecast. The forecast shall be issued to the general assembly, the governor, the joint committee on MO HealthNet, and the oversight committee established in section 208.955. The forecast shall include, but not be limited to, the following, with additional items as determined by the legislative budget office:
(1) The projected budget of the entire MO HealthNet program;
(2) The projected budgets of selected programs within MO HealthNet;
(3) Projected MO HealthNet enrollment growth, categorized by population and geographic area;
(4) Projected required reimbursement rates for MO HealthNet providers; and
(5) Projected financial need going forward.
2. In preparing the forecast required in subsection 1 of this section, where the MO HealthNet program overlaps more than one department or agency, the legislative budget office may provide for review and investigation of the program or service level on an interagency or interdepartmental basis in an effort to review all aspects of the program.