Chapter 275 Commodity Associations
275.450. 1. There is hereby created the "Missouri Aquaculture Council", which shall consist of five members elected by commercial producers. The members of the council shall be citizens and residents of the state, shall have been qualified voters in the state for a period of at least one year preceding their appointment, and shall be commercial producers as defined in sections 275.452 to 275.455. The department of agriculture shall divide the state into four aquaculture districts which contain, as nearly as can be estimated by the department, an equal number of commercial producers, and one council member shall be elected from each aquaculture district. Each member shall be elected for a term of three years, except that of the members first elected, two shall be elected for a term of two years and two shall be elected for a term of three years. Vacancies in the council shall be filled for the unexpired term in the same manner as original elections are made. The fifth member of the council shall be elected at large for a term of three years.
2. All members shall be reimbursed for actual and necessary expenses incurred by them in the performance of their duties.
3. The council shall:
(1) Provide a list of commercial producers of fish and fish products in this state to the department of agriculture;
(2) Administer the aquaculture marketing development fund;
(3) Elect from among their membership a president, vice president, and secretary-treasurer, whose duties shall be established in the bylaws of the council;
(4) Draft and adopt the bylaws of the council;
(5) Communicate with commercial producers in order to enhance the market development of fish and fish products in this state;
(6) Perform any other duties deemed necessary to carry out the functions described in this subsection.
(L. 1989 H.B. 214 § 275.455)