Chapter 303 Motor Vehicle Financial Responsibility Law
303.160. 1. Proof of financial responsibility when required under this chapter with respect to a motor vehicle or with respect to a person who is not the owner of a motor vehicle may be given by filing:
(1) A certificate of insurance as provided in section 303.170 or section 303.180; or
(2) A bond as provided in section 303.230; or
(3) A certificate of deposit of money or securities as provided in section 303.240; or
(4) A certificate of self-insurance, as provided in section 303.220, supplemented by an agreement by the self-insurer that, with respect to accidents occurring while the certificate is in force, he will pay the same judgments and in the same amounts that an insurer would have been obligated to pay under an owner's motor vehicle liability policy if it had issued such a policy to said self-insurer.
2. No motor vehicle shall be or continue to be registered in the name of any person required to file proof of financial responsibility unless such proof shall be furnished for such motor vehicle.
(L. 1953 p. 569 § 303.180, A.L. 1961 p. 463)