Chapter 313 Licensed Gaming Activities
313.035. 1. The following persons and organizations are not eligible for any license under the provisions of sections 313.005 to 313.080 and shall not participate in the management, conduct or operation of any game:
(1) Any person who has been convicted of a felony;
(2) Any person who is or has been a professional gambler or gambling promoter;
(3) Any person who has ever purchased a tax stamp for wagering or gambling activity;
(4) Any person who has been convicted of or pleaded nolo contendere to any illegal gambling activity or forfeited bond for not appearing while charged with any illegal gambling activity;
(5) Any person the commission has determined, based on the person's prior activities or criminal record, if any, poses a threat to the public interest or to the effective regulation and control of bingo, or creates or enhances the dangers of unsuitable, unfair, or illegal practices, methods, and activities in the conduct of bingo or the carrying on of the business and financial arrangements incidental to the conduct of bingo;
(6) Any firm, organization or corporation in which a person defined in subdivision (5) of this subsection is an officer, director or employee, whether compensated or not;
(7) Any firm, organization or corporation in which a person defined in subdivision (5) of this subsection is to participate in the management or operations of a bingo game;
(8) Any person who, at the time of the application for renewal of a bingo license, would not be eligible for such license upon first application.
2. Any bona fide religious, charitable, fraternal, veteran or service organization whose license has been revoked under sections 313.005 to 313.085 shall not be eligible for any license under sections 313.005 to 313.085 until such organization has demonstrated to the commission, through clear and convincing evidence, that the person or persons who were directly involved in the event or events which led to the revocation or had knowledge of the event or events which led to the revocation and failed to report such event or events to the commission, have been dismissed from any involvement, directly or indirectly, with the conducting of a bingo game for that organization or, if the organization owns the premises where bingo is conducted, that person or persons may not participate in the management, conduct or operation of any bingo game at that premises.
(L. 1981 H.B. 322 § 7, A.L. 1989 S.B. 153, A.L. 1994 S.B. 427)