Chapter 313 Licensed Gaming Activities
313.655. 1. An organization licensed to conduct racing in this state, with the approval of the commission, may contract to conduct pari-mutuel wagering on a simulcast of horse races held at race tracks in this state or other states or countries where the conduct of racing and wagering is permitted by law.
2. Any wagering made under this section shall take place within the confines of the licensee's race track pursuant to rules promulgated by the commission. The licensed race track may simulcast up to, but not more than the number of days in which it conducts live racing.
3. Computation of the total takeout and breakage for wagering made under this section shall be the same as that normally applicable to racing conducted by the licensee.
4. After deducting from the takeout the applicable tax of this state on the entire pari-mutuel pool, the amount to be paid under the terms of the contract to the race track from which the race or races will be simulcast, and the cost of transmission, the remainder shall be allocated in the same proportions as normally applicable to racing conducted by the licensee.
5. The terms and conditions of any contract with a race track made under this section are subject to the approval of the respective groups which represent a majority of the horsemen racing at the track licensed by the commission and a majority of the applicable breeders in this state.
6. The provisions of the Federal Interstate Horseracing Act of 1978, Title 15, Sections 3001 through 3007, U.S. Code, shall be instructive regarding the intent of this section.
(L. 1986 S.B. 572, A.L. 1987 S.B. 384, A.L. 1995 H.B. 574)