Chapter 536 Administrative Procedure and Review
536.019. 1. Notwithstanding other provisions of this chapter to the contrary, a final order of rulemaking shall not take effect prior to the expiration of thirty legislative days of a regular session after such order of rulemaking has been filed with the general assembly by providing a copy thereof to the joint committee on administrative rules and the secretary of state.
2. This section shall become effective only upon the expiration of twenty calendar days following the:
(1) Failure of the executive to sign executive order number 97-97; or
(2) Modification, amendment or rescission of executive order number 97-97; or
(3) An agency's failure to hold the rule in abeyance as required by executive order number 97-97; or
(4) Declaration by a court with jurisdiction that section 536.024 or any portion of executive order number 97-97 is unconstitutional or invalid for any reason.
Notwithstanding the provisions of this subsection to the contrary, no modification, amendment or rescission of executive order number 97-97 or failure to hold the rule in abeyance shall make this section effective if the modification, amendment or rescission of the executive order or failure to hold the rule in abeyance is approved by the general assembly by concurrent resolution.
(L. 1997 H.B. 850)
*Contingent effective date, see subsection 2 of this section.
*Revisor's Note: The contingencies contained in this section regarding Executive Order 97-97 had not occurred as of the date of the general republication of the Revised Statutes of Missouri in 2016.