332.425. 1. The dental board may issue a limited teaching license to a dentist employed as an instructor in an accredited dental school in Missouri. The holder of a limited teaching license shall be authorized to practice dentistry, in accordance with section 332.071, only within the confines of the accredited dental school programs. A limited teaching license shall be renewed every two years and shall be subject to the same renewal requirements contained in section 332.181. A limited teaching license shall be subject to discipline in accordance with section 332.321 and shall be automatically cancelled and nullified if the holder ceases to be employed as an instructor in the accredited dental school.
2. To qualify for a limited teaching license, an applicant shall:
(1) Be a graduate of and hold a degree from a dental school. An applicant shall not be required to be a graduate of an accredited dental school as defined in section 332.011;
(2) Have passed the National Board Examination in accordance with criteria established by the sponsoring body;
(3) Have passed a state or regional entry level competency examination approved by the Missouri dental board for licensure within the previous five years;
(4) Have passed a written jurisprudence examination given by the board on the Missouri dental laws and rules with a grade of at least eighty percent;
(5) Hold current certification in the American Heart Association's Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), or certification equivalent to BLS or ACLS;
(6) Submit to the board a completed application for licensure on forms provided by the board and the applicable license fee; and
(7) Submit to the board evidence of successful passage of an examination, approved by the board, of spoken and written proficiency in the English language.
(L. 2011 H.B. 591 merged with S.B. 325)Go To Top