135.575. 1. As used in this section, the following terms mean: (1) "Missouri health care access fund", the fund created in section 191.1056; (2) "Tax credit", a credit against the tax otherwise due under chapter 143, excluding withholding tax imposed by sections 143.191 to 143.265; (3) "Taxpayer", any individual subject to the tax imposed in chapter 143, excluding withholding tax imposed by sections 143.191 to 143.265.
2. The provisions of this section shall be subject to section 33.282. For all taxable years beginning on or after January 1, 2007, a taxpayer shall be allowed a tax credit for donations in excess of one hundred dollars made to the Missouri health care access fund. The tax credit shall be subject to annual approval by the senate appropriations committee and the house budget committee. The tax credit amount shall be equal to one-half of the total donation made, but shall not exceed twenty-five thousand dollars per taxpayer claiming the credit. If the amount of the tax credit issued exceeds the amount of the taxpayer's state tax liability for the tax year for which the credit is claimed, the difference shall not be refundable but may be carried forward to any of the taxpayer's next four taxable years. No tax credit granted under this section shall be transferred, sold, or assigned. The cumulative amount of tax credits which may be issued under this section in any one fiscal year shall not exceed one million dollars.
3. The department of revenue may promulgate rules to implement the provisions of this section. Any rule or portion of a rule, as that term is defined in section 536.010, that is created under the authority delegated in this section shall become effective only if it complies with and is subject to all of the provisions of chapter 536 and, if applicable, section 536.028. This section and chapter 536 are nonseverable and if any of the powers vested with the general assembly pursuant to chapter 536 to review, to delay the effective date, or to disapprove and annul a rule are subsequently held unconstitutional, then the grant of rulemaking authority and any rule proposed or adopted after August 28, 2007, shall be invalid and void.
4. Pursuant to section 23.253 of the Missouri sunset act:
(1) The provisions of the new program authorized under this section shall automatically sunset six years after August 28, 2007, unless reauthorized by an act of the general assembly; and
(2) If such program is reauthorized, the program authorized under this section shall automatically sunset twelve years after the effective date of the reauthorization of this section; and
(3) This section shall terminate on September first of the calendar year immediately following the calendar year in which the program authorized under this section is sunset.
(L. 2007 S.B. 577)
Sunset date 8-28-13
Termination date 9-01-14
Missouri General Assembly