167.018. 1. Sections 167.018 and 167.019 shall be known and may be cited as the "Foster Care Education Bill of Rights".
2. Each school district shall designate a staff person as the educational liaison for foster care children. The liaison shall do all of the following in an advisory capacity:
(1) Ensure and facilitate the proper educational placement, enrollment in school, and checkout from school of foster children;
(2) Assist foster care pupils when transferring from one school to another or from one school district to another, by ensuring proper transfer of credits, records, and grades;
(3) Request school records, as provided in section 167.022, within two business days of placement of a foster care pupil in a school; and
(4) Submit school records of foster care pupils within three business days of receiving a request for school records, under subdivision (3) of this subsection.
(L. 2009 H.B. 154 merged with S.B. 291)
Missouri General Assembly