173.614. 1. The "Proprietary School Advisory Committee" is hereby created consisting of seven members. All members shall be appointed by the commissioner of higher education and shall be owners or managerial employees of proprietary schools. The initial appointment of members to the committee shall be made within sixty days after September 28, 1983, and shall consist of two members appointed for terms expiring one year from September 28, 1983, two members appointed for terms expiring two years from September 28, 1983, and three members appointed for terms expiring three years from September 28, 1983. The terms of members initially appointed shall be designated by the board. Thereafter, each appointment shall be for a term of three years. If a committee member resigns or for any reason is unable or ineligible to continue to serve, a new member shall be appointed by the board to fill the unexpired term. At all times at least three members of the committee shall represent schools that confer a degree and at least one of the three shall represent a school that confers a degree at the baccalaureate level or higher.
2. The committee shall organize itself by the election of a chairman and other officers as needed.
3. The committee shall report to the board at least twice annually and advise the board on matters within the scope of sections 173.600 to 173.618.
4. The proprietary school advisory committee shall have the following responsibilities:
(1) To advise the board in the administration of sections 173.600 to 173.618;
(2) To make recommendations with respect to the rules and regulations establishing minimum standards which are to be adopted by the board; and
(3) To advise the board with respect to grievances and complaints.
5. Members of the committee shall serve without compensation but may be reimbursed for traveling and other expenses necessarily incurred in the performance of their duties from funds of the department of higher education.
(L. 1983 H.B. 560 § 4, A.L. 2012 H.B. 1042)
Missouri General Assembly