196.976. 1. By January 1, 2005, the department of health and senior services shall establish the "Prescription Drug Repository Program" to accept and dispense prescription drugs donated for the purpose of being dispensed to persons who are residents of Missouri and who meet eligibility requirements established by rules promulgated pursuant to section 196.984.
2. The following criteria shall be used in accepting drugs for use in the program:
(1) Only prescription drugs in their original sealed and tamper-evident unit dose packaging shall be accepted and dispensed pursuant to the program;
(2) The packaging must be unopened; except that prescription drugs packaged in single-unit doses may be accepted and dispensed when the outside packaging is opened if the single-unit-dose packaging is undisturbed;
(3) Prescription drugs donated by individuals shall bear the manufacturer's lot number and an expiration date that is less than six months from the date the prescription drug is donated shall not be accepted or dispensed; and
(4) A prescription drug shall not be accepted or dispensed if there is reason to believe that the drug is adulterated as described in section 196.095;
(5) Subject to the limitations specified in this section, unused prescription drugs dispensed for purposes of a medical assistance program may be accepted and dispensed under the prescription drug repository program.
(L. 2004 S.B. 1160)
Missouri General Assembly