210.903. 1. To protect children, the elderly, the disabled, including the developmentally disabled individuals in this state, and to promote family and community safety by providing information concerning family caregivers, there is hereby established within the department of health and senior services a "Family Care Safety Registry and Access Line" which shall be available by January 1, 2001.
2. The family care safety registry shall contain information on child-care workers', elder-care workers', mental health workers', and personal-care workers' background and on child-care, elder-care, mental health, and personal-care providers through:
(1) The patrol's criminal record check system pursuant to section 43.540, including state and national information, to the extent possible;
(2) Probable cause findings of abuse and neglect prior to August 28, 2004, or findings of abuse and neglect by a preponderance of the evidence after August 28, 2004, pursuant to sections 210.109 to 210.183 and, as of January 1, 2003, financial exploitation of the elderly or disabled, pursuant to section 570.145;
(3) The division of aging's employee disqualification list pursuant to section 192.2490*;
(4) As of January 1, 2003, the department of mental health's employee disqualification registry;
(5) Foster parent licensure denials, revocations and involuntary suspensions pursuant to section 210.496;
(6) Child-care facility license denials, revocations and suspensions pursuant to sections 210.201 to 210.259;
(7) Residential living facility and nursing home license denials, revocations, suspensions and probationary status pursuant to chapter 198; and
(8) As of January 1, 2004, a check of the patrol's Missouri uniform law enforcement system (MULES) for sexual offender registrations pursuant to section 589.400.
(L. 1999 H.B. 490 & H.B. 308 § 4, A.L. 2001 S.B. 48, A.L. 2003 S.B. 184, A.L. 2004 H.B. 1453, A.L. 2008 S.B. 1081)
*Reprinted due to statutory reference to section 660.315 changed to section 192.2490 to comply with section 3.060.
Missouri General Assembly