210.909. 1. Upon submission of a completed registration form by a child-care worker, elder-care worker, mental health worker, or personal-care attendant, the department shall:
(1) Determine if a probable cause finding of child abuse or neglect prior to August 28, 2004, or a finding of child abuse or neglect by a preponderance of the evidence after August 28, 2004, involving the applicant has been recorded pursuant to sections 210.109 to 210.183 and, as of January 1, 2003, if there is a probable cause finding of financial exploitation of the elderly or disabled pursuant to section 570.145;
(2) Determine if the applicant has been refused licensure or has experienced involuntary licensure suspension or revocation pursuant to section 210.496;
(3) Determine if the applicant has been placed on the employee disqualification list pursuant to section 660.315;
(4) As of January 1, 2003, determine if the applicant is listed on the department of mental health's employee disqualification registry;
(5) Determine through a request to the patrol pursuant to section 43.540 whether the applicant has any criminal history record for a felony or misdemeanor or any offense for which the person has registered pursuant to sections 589.400 to 589.425; and
(6) If the background check involves a provider, determine if a facility has been refused licensure or has experienced licensure suspension, revocation or probationary status pursuant to sections 210.201 to 210.259 or chapter 198; and
(7) As of January 1, 2004, determine through a request to the patrol if the applicant is a registered sexual offender pursuant to section 589.400 listed in the Missouri uniform law enforcement system (MULES).
2. Upon completion of the background check described in subsection 1 of this section, the department shall include information in the registry for each registrant as to whether any convictions, employee disqualification listings, registry listings, probable cause findings, pleas of guilty or nolo contendere, or license denial, revocation or suspension have been documented through the records checks authorized pursuant to the provisions of sections 210.900 to 210.936.
3. The department shall notify such registrant in writing of the results of the determination recorded on the registry pursuant to this section.
(L. 1999 H.B. 490 & H.B. 308 § 6, A.L. 2001 S.B. 48, A.L. 2003 S.B. 184, A.L. 2004 H.B. 1453, A.L. 2008 S.B. 1081)
Missouri General Assembly