217.022. 1. The fiscal note of any legislation introduced into either house of the general assembly that would affect the number of persons supervised by the Missouri department of corrections or affect any program or service provided by the department shall be accompanied by a prison impact statement, as defined in subsection 2 of this section.
2. The department of corrections shall, in consultation with the oversight division of the committee on legislative research, prepare and furnish prison impact statements. Such impact statement shall be provided to the legislative committee to which such bill is assigned prior to holding the public hearing on the pending bill, and to all members of the general assembly prior to perfection of pending bill. A prison impact statement shall include:
(1) Projections of the impact on prison, probation and parole populations;
(2) An estimate of the fiscal impact of such populations, including the need for construction and the operation of correctional centers for the current fiscal year and up to ten succeeding fiscal years;
(3) An analysis of any other significant factors affecting the cost of the measure and its impact on the operations of components of the criminal justice system; and
(4) A statement of the assumptions and the methodologies utilized in preparing the statement.
(L. 1995 H.B. 424 § 4)
Missouri General Assembly