260.565. As used in sections 260.565 to 260.575, the following terms mean:
(1) "Hazardous substance", any hazardous substance specified in the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act, 42 U.S.C. Sections 9601(14) (A)-(F), as amended, petroleum and petroleum products, except where such petroleum and petroleum products were released to the environment from tanks subject to regulation by the department of natural resources or located on property which is eligible for moneys from the petroleum storage tank insurance fund pursuant to section 319.131, and any hazardous waste as defined in section 260.360 or any rules promulgated under sections 260.350 to 260.480;
(2) "Person", any individual, partnership, copartnership, firm, company, public or private corporation, association, joint stock company, trust estate, political subdivision or any agency, board, department or bureau of the state or federal government, or any other legal entity whatever which is recognized by law as the subject of rights and duties;
(3) "Phase I environmental site assessment", a noninvasive physical assessment of the real property and a records review conducted by a technical consultant who is familiar with the nature of the operations and activities that have occurred on the real property;
(4) "Real property", any residential or nonresidential real property;
(5) "Remediation" or "remedial action", all appropriate actions taken to clean up contaminated real property, including but not limited to removal, remedial actions, and response actions as such terms are defined by the federal Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act, as amended (42 U.S.C. 9601).
(L. 1993 S.B. 80, et al., A.L. 1999 S.B. 334)
Missouri General Assembly