302.189. 1. The department of revenue shall not use, collect, obtain, share, or retain biometric data nor shall the department use biometric technology, including, but not limited to, retinal scanning, facial recognition or fingerprint technology, to produce a driver's license or nondriver's license or to uniquely identify licensees or license applicants for whatever purpose. This section shall not apply to digital images nor licensee signatures required for the issuance of driver's licenses and nondriver's license pursuant to section 302.181.
2. As used in this section, the term "biometric data" or "biometric technology" includes, but is not limited to:
(1) Facial feature pattern characteristics;
(2) Voice data used for comparing live speech with a previously created speech model of a person's voice;
(3) Iris recognition data containing color or texture patterns or codes;
(4) Retinal scans, reading through the pupil to measure blood vessels lining the retina;
(5) Fingerprints, palm prints, hand geometry, measuring of any and all characteristics of biometric information, including shape and length of fingertips or recording ridge pattern or fingertip characteristics;
(6) Eye spacing;
(7) Characteristic gait or walk;
(8) DNA; or
(9) Keystroke dynamics, measuring pressure applied to key pads or other digital receiving devices.
(L. 2013 S.B. 252)
Missouri General Assembly