304.154. 1. Beginning January 1, 2005, a towing company operating a tow truck pursuant to the authority granted in section 304.155 or 304.157 shall:
(1) Have and occupy a verifiable business address;
(2) Have a fenced, secure, and lighted storage lot or an enclosed, secure building for the storage of motor vehicles;
(3) Be available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Availability shall mean that an employee of the towing company or an answering service answered by a person is able to respond to a tow request;
(4) Maintain a valid insurance policy issued by an insurer authorized to do business in this state, or a bond or other acceptable surety providing coverage for the death of, or injury to, persons and damage to property for each accident or occurrence in the amount of at least five hundred thousand dollars per incident;
(5) Provide workers' compensation insurance for all employees of the towing company if required by chapter 287; and
(6) Maintain current motor vehicle registrations on all tow trucks currently operated within the towing company fleet.
2. Counties may adopt ordinances with respect to towing company standards in addition to the minimum standards contained in this section. A towing company located in a county of the second, third, and fourth classification is exempt from the provisions of this section.
(L. 2004 S.B. 1233, et al.)
Missouri General Assembly