307.198. 1. Every all-terrain vehicle, except those used in competitive events, shall have the following equipment:
(1) A lighted headlamp and tail lamp which shall be in operation at any time in which an all-terrain vehicle is being used on any street or highway in this state pursuant to section 304.013;
(2) An equilateral triangular emblem, to be mounted on the rear of such vehicle at least two feet above the roadway when such vehicle is operated upon any street or highway pursuant to section 300.348 or 304.013. The emblem shall be constructed of substantial material with a fluorescent yellow-orange finish and a reflective, red border at least one inch in width. Each side of the emblem shall measure at least ten inches;
(3) A braking system maintained in good operating condition;
(4) An adequate muffler system in good working condition, and a United States Forest Service qualified spark arrester.
2. A violation of this section shall be an infraction.
(L. 1988 H.B. 990, A.L. 2009 H.B. 683)
Missouri General Assembly