324.065. 1. The board shall elect annually a chairperson and a vice chairperson from their number.
2. (1) The board shall adopt, implement, rescind, amend and administer such rules and regulations as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of sections 324.050 to 324.089. The board may promulgate necessary rules compatible with sections 324.050 to 324.089, including, but not limited to, rules relating to professional conduct, continuing competency requirements for renewal of licenses, approval of continuing competency programs and to the establishment of ethical standards of practice for persons holding a license or permit to practice occupational therapy in this state.
(2) The board shall establish all applicable fees and set an amount which shall not substantially exceed the cost of administering sections 324.050 to 324.089.
(3) The board shall approve or disapprove certifying entities for the profession of occupational therapy included in the scope of sections 324.050 to 324.089.
(4) The board may terminate recognition of any certifying entity included in the scope of sections 324.050 to 324.089 following a subsequent review of the certification of registration procedures of a certifying entity.
3. The board shall convene at the request of the director or as the board shall determine. The board shall hold regular meetings at least four times per year.
4. Each member of the board shall receive as compensation, an amount set by the division not to exceed fifty dollars per day, for each day devoted to the affairs of the board and may be reimbursed for actual and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of the member's official duties.
5. No rule or portion of a rule promulgated pursuant to the authority of sections 324.050 to 324.089 shall become effective unless it has been promulgated pursuant to the provisions of section 536.024.
(L. 1997 S.B. 141 § 6, A.L. 2009 S.B. 296)
Missouri General Assembly