324.487. 1. It is unlawful for any person to practice acupuncture in this state, unless such person:
(1) Possesses a valid license issued by the board pursuant to sections 324.475 to 324.499; or
(2) Is engaged in a supervised course of study that has been authorized by the committee approved by the board, and is designated and identified by a title that clearly indicates status as a trainee, and is under the supervision of a licensed acupuncturist.
2. A person may be licensed to practice acupuncture in this state if the applicant:
(1) Is twenty-one years of age or older and meets one of the following requirements:
(a) Is actively certified as a Diplomate in Acupuncture by the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine; or
(b) Is actively licensed, certified or registered in a state or jurisdiction of the United States which has eligibility and examination requirements that are at least equivalent to those of the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, as determined by the committee and approved by the board; and
(2) Submits to the committee an application on a form prescribed by the committee; and
(3) Pays the appropriate fee.
3. The board shall issue a certificate of licensure to each individual who satisfies the requirements of subsection 2 of this section, certifying that the holder is authorized to practice acupuncture in this state. The holder shall have in his or her possession at all times while practicing acupuncture, the license issued pursuant to sections 324.475 to 324.499.
(L. 1998 H.B. 1601, et al. § 19, A.L. 1999 H.B. 343 merged with S.B. 8 & 173, A.L. 2009 S.B. 296)
Missouri General Assembly