324.522. 1. No practitioner of tattooing, body piercing or branding shall practice and no establishment in which tattoos, body piercing or brandings are applied shall be operated without a license issued by the director of the division of professional registration. The license fee for each practitioner and each establishment shall be established by rule.
2. The director of the division of professional registration shall promulgate rules and regulations relative to the hygienic practice of tattooing, body piercing and branding, the sanitary operations of tattoo, body piercing and branding establishments, and the educational and training requirements for applicants applying to receive and practitioners desiring to maintain a license to practice any profession that is licensed or regulated under sections 324.520 to 324.526. Such rules and regulations shall include:
(1) Standards of hygiene to be met and maintained by establishments and practitioners in order to receive and maintain a license for the practice of tattooing, body piercing and branding;
(2) Procedures to be used to grant, revoke or reinstate a license;
(3) Inspection of tattoo, body piercing and branding establishments; and
(4) Any other matter necessary to the administration of this section.
3. Any rule or portion of a rule, as that term is defined in section 536.010, that is created under the authority delegated in sections 324.520 to 324.526 shall become effective only if it complies with and is subject to all of the provisions of chapter 536 and, if applicable, section 536.028. This section and chapter 536 are nonseverable and if any of the powers vested with the general assembly pursuant to chapter 536 to review, to delay the effective date or to disapprove and annul a rule are subsequently held unconstitutional, then the grant of rulemaking authority and any rule proposed or adopted after August 28, 2001, shall be invalid and void.
(L. 1998 H.B. 1601, et al. § 25, A.L. 1999 H.B. 343, A.L. 2001 H.B. 567, A.L. 2007 H.B. 780)
Missouri General Assembly