324.526. 1. Notwithstanding any other law to the contrary, the director of the division of professional registration shall issue a temporary license to practice tattooing, body piercing, or branding under the following requirements:
(1) The applicant for temporary licensure is entering the state for the sole purpose of participating in a state or national convention at which the applicant will be practicing the profession of tattooing, body piercing, or branding;
(2) The applicant files a completed application with the division at least two days prior to the start of the convention and tenders a fee of fifty dollars; and
(3) The applicant is otherwise qualified for licensure under sections 324.520 to 324.526 and the rule promulgated under the authority of this statute.
2. A temporary license to practice tattooing, body piercing, or branding issued under this section shall be valid for a period not to exceed fourteen days and shall not be renewable.
3. Notwithstanding the requirements of sections 324.024 and 324.032, an applicant for temporary licensure under this section shall not be required to provide a Social Security number if the application is submitted by a citizen of a foreign country who has not yet been issued a Social Security number and who previously has not been licensed by any other state, United States territory, or federal agency. A citizen of a foreign country who applies for a temporary permit under this section shall provide the division of professional registration with his or her visa or passport identification number in lieu of the Social Security number.
(L. 2004 S.B. 1122, A.L. 2008 S.B. 788)
Missouri General Assembly