324.1108. 1. Every person desiring to be licensed in this state as a private investigator, private investigator agency, private fire investigator, or private fire investigator agency shall make application therefor to the board. An application for a license under the provisions of sections 324.1100 to 324.1148 shall be on a form prescribed by the board and accompanied by the required application fee. An application shall be verified and shall include:
(1) The full name and business address of the applicant;
(2) The name under which the applicant intends to conduct business;
(3) A statement as to the general nature of the business in which the applicant intends to engage;
(4) A statement as to the classification or classifications under which the applicant desires to be qualified;
(5) Two recent photographs of the applicant, of a type prescribed by the board, and two classifiable sets of the applicant's fingerprints processed in a manner approved by the Missouri state highway patrol, central repository, under section 43.543;
(6) A verified statement of the applicant's experience qualifications; and
(7) Such other information, evidence, statements, or documents as may be required by the board.
2. Before an application for a license may be granted, the applicant shall:
(1) Be at least twenty-one years of age;
(2) Be a citizen of the United States;
(3) Provide proof of liability insurance with amount to be no less than two hundred fifty thousand dollars in coverage and proof of workers' compensation insurance if required under chapter 287. The board shall have the authority to raise the requirements as deemed necessary; and
(4) Comply with such other qualifications as the board adopts by rules and regulations.
(L. 2007 H.B. 780 merged with S.B. 308, A.L. 2011 H.B. 464)
Missouri General Assembly